Had my post-stress migraine today but luckily not a huge headache with it – just a bit of achy eyes and exhaustion. So seemed a good time for a well-overdue blog post! I am too whipped to do anything else.
My last posts were mostly about weight, so my quick update about that is that I am STILL on a plateau and starting to doubt if I will ever lose more than ten pounds. Well, not really, I have to have SOME hope since I have to lose 50 more pounds. But either I have to change something or be patient – yep, those are the choices. HA! Being that what I have been doing WAS working I will just try a bit longer. Perhaps I am just still building muscle…. The plateau will be 8 weeks tomorrow. Still having about 1700-1900 calories and walking fairly regularly, and also count heavy cleaning my once a week as exercise, plus some of the cleaning at home. Also just started Tai Chi but only once a week.
Big change that I didn’t post about – I found out through researching some online schools this college program: http://www.wgu.edu/education/teacher_certification_special_education_bachelor_degree, and I decided to apply. I have since taken their entrance test (yes, an entrance test! I was so nervous! but I passed) and transferred my credits in. I am aiming for a September start. I LOVED Kent but the drive was getting more difficult as I was going to have to drive 4 days a week including 1-2 nights in the fall semester. So I am eagerly awaiting receiving a schedule for fall.
Took a look at my posts from last summer where I saw this one https://criscollrj.com/2012/07/23/2012-summersuper-hot-super-busy-flying-by/ where I have a list of what I wanted to accomplish. Let’s see how it compares to now:
- Finish all the filing in the office (it’s already sorted by drawer now – yay me! – and all recycling is ready to go across the street). Clean out files if possible. Did get this done sometime before school started.
- Almost forgot this one – a big one – try and get 1/4 to 1/2 done with course on educational psych for fall that is already on line – that will put me so much ahead for fall where I’m also taking math for teachers, educational technology, and american sign language [only class on campus, rest online!] I did very poorly on this, and continued to procrastinate throughout fall semester too, finishing most of the courses in the last three weeks of the semester. I did get an A but only by ignoring the whole world…. This is a bit scary with my new college being totally self-driven – I have to do better on self planning and WILL.
- Prioritize all paperwork and put on the calendar and make sure it’s done on time. For Chris, Colleen, Ryan, my college, Rog/Colleen’s college, and anything else I need to do… I actually have done fairly well with this. I love syncing of gmail/calendar on phone and computer!!
- Sort all clothes in the three bedrooms and give away the tons we don’t need. Laughing hysterically. Nope, not even close.
- KEEP deleting emails I don’t need – in the last week I have gone from 18000 emails to 2,000 emails, and still deleting. Yes, did do this. I actually told someone about this yesterday but thought it was 80,000 emails, guess in one year I quadrupled the number in my head!
- Go through freezers again and plan more meals to use up what we have. I believe I did do this.
- Complete the deep-cleaning of the kitchen by scrubbing out and sorting all cabinets. Nope.
- Finish straightening basement, clean out the fridge bins that are down there for the downstairs freezer. Did first thing but not second.
- Pass out Avon books again. I think so…
- Finish painting living room? Nope.
- Work with Colleen on sorting 4 years worth of school documents and organize them into bookcase and filing sorters. We did do about half of this but they’re still in a box.
- Probably many more ………
- Finish all the filing in the office (it’s already sorted by drawer now – yay me! – and all recycling is ready to go across the street). Clean out files if possible. Yep, exactly the same amount has built up – plan to do this this coming weekend and next week.
- Sort all clothes in the three bedrooms and give away the tons we don’t need. Bedrooms are supposed to come the end of May, to mid-June.
- Clean out email again
- Complete new paperwork projects – I do have a few right now for the next weeks/month.
- Clean off Toshiba computer and prepare it for Rog’s back-up computer. Buy new flash drive to store excess files on for backup.
- Thoroughly scrub down both refrigerators and hopefully swap one for the other (the basement one is bigger and nicer!)
- Complete the deep-cleaning of the kitchen by scrubbing out and sorting all cabinets.
- Clean out basement.
- Pass out Avon books again.
- Finish painting living room?
- Finish work with Colleen on sorting 4 years worth of school documents and organize them into bookcase and filing sorters.
- Have some fun family outings – more than last year? Hopefully it won’t be so HOT!
Some pictures from the last few months…
Lake Erie’s double horizon phenomenon, seeing Canada!
Picnic a month or so ago across the street – winter was finally over!
Rog hard at work at Tionesta PA
Gallia County Ohio River glory.
Ryan at Wendy’s before his haircut