So thought I’d post here. I will then look over them over the next week and make up my 09 goals. I don’t even expect to reach some of these, it’s just good to have them all written down to have an awareness of them.
2008 GOALS (the year that will be over TOMORROW! wow)
• Every few weeks check Colleen’s progress on web site and follow through with teachers on items needed to be made up.
• Boys – try and get them to write their names, and spell extra, 1-2 times a week. Find computer games for them to play. Try and help Chris focus on academics a few times a week and show Doreen how to do it too.
• Colleen to continue picking up her room and to start doing her dishes (soap squeegie!) and laundry.
• Get icon board up and done for boys’ chores.
• Try and get us in position where dishes and laundry and daily pickup gets done every day and figure out as a family HOW!
• Me – Weigh Down. Lose at least 20 pounds. no dieting at this stressful time.
• Rog – ??? diet? Walking.
• Try and improve kids’ diets (cut back on refined sugar/flour and watch the nutrisweet in Chris’s drink powders)
• Monitor kids meds
• Continue to research whether Chris will go to the Florida deaf academy
• Get Chris and Ryan scheduled for in-home deafness therapy we just found out about from Florida school
• Schedule Chris’s blood tests and boys’ ABR’s and Ryan’s genetic tests.
• Get my breast ultrasound done.
• Decide whether to try Mannatech Ambrotose on kids again ($$$)
• Try and get their hearing aides in 1x a week at home.
• FIND MY HEARING AID!!
TIME WITH CHILDREN
• Read Floor therapy info from Emily and practice with boys as much as possible, even when everyone’s home.
• Have projects Chris can do with Doreen
• Play with Ryan in tub
• Have Colleen list things she’d like to do with us after school or on boys’ camp days.
• Encourage Colleen to play with her brothers and be kind to them.
• Teach Ryan to be kinder to his brother and sister.
• Praise Chris for his kindness.
TIME WITH OURSELVES AND DEVOTIONALS
• Read devotionals on internet first thing in AM
• Stay away from “garbage” sites
• Pray and listen to praise music when cleaning, etc.
• Try and have date day with Rog 1x a month during boys’ camp
MEAL PLANNING/FOOD ORGANIZATION
• Continue to use leftovers and freezer items creatively
• Begin to write down meal plans
• Use flyers more consistently for stores
• Clean out fridge and pantry more often and organize as you go
• Put moth-attractive foods in sealed tupperware or canisters.
• DMP – obviously keep on it no matter how hard as it is our ticket to freedom
• Work as much as possible and save $1,000 by summer break for that time off.
• Put $10 a month in retirement. If still in Avon, $20 a campaign will still go in there.
• Get U-Promise into a college fund.
• Get Googlesense fixed so you can access and follow it on your blog.
• Perhaps have us do more blogs with a plan for earning money on them.
TIME MANAGEMENT/ITEM MANAGEMENT
• Decided to go back to paper calendar – just wasn’t consistent on computer.
• Keeping calendar and shopping list in purse. Get notebook for to-do list in purse.
• Find some way to stop losing papers and items – set up ONE place for urgent items, another place for items to go out the door with you, etc. Keep keys in purse and cell phone next to you.