Ahhh, another work break. I had had one briefly before then worked another week. Now I’ve been off since Thurs. morning and am only working Tues/Thurs. morning this week.
The kids are doing okay – Colleen had a book report due this weekend and she DID do it though I don’t think she completely finished it, OR the book. She was supposed to review math equations with me but unfortunately I feel asleep on the couch with Ryan downstairs so kinda missed my chance. She was very busy this weekend and tired out with a water safety course she’s taking that will go into the summer. I think it’s important for her to have some rewarding summer activities but I wish they wouldn’t start the major portion of the training during the SCHOOL year- GRUMP!!
Ryan is making a lot of gains – he writes his name! – but I am so tired of cleaning up where he can’t get to the bathroom. He IS pee trained Thank Goodness! It’s just I’m so tired of finding poop on the wall or on the floor. I got up this morning half asleep and went to the couch to get my glasses and stepped in it YUCK! We keep telling him where the poop goes but he is not listening. I know it will happen – the pee training happened- but this is just getting gross.
Chris is staying up all night more often for some reason – I think it’s spring allergies. He did the same thing last spring. he’s totally switched over to Abilify now from Geodon and seems okay with it. He’s just very congested. He is still taking Loratadine (generic Claritin) and sometimes I give him Sudafed in the morning.
It is hard for us to bear all these things lately; Chris dumped ANOTHER bottle of dish soap down the shower drain. We buy 2-3 bottles a week because he finds them all the time where we hide them. He dumped all my shampoo last night when he stayed up all night. We hope he sleeps tonight -I am very tired and would probably be asleep on the desk right now if it weren’t for my falling asleep downstairs for about 20 minutes a while ago.
On to some surveys, then a web site I am making for someone that I want to finish by tomorrow 🙂
List 10 things you think people don’t know about you.
1. I have toe fungus on each of my feet on the second toe. I just started putting tea tree oil due to reading that on the internet that it may help. This is very embarrassing to me… (2020, found out a few years ago that is is NOT fungus but was a callous from the way my feet fit in my shoes, I got prescription arch supports!)
2. When I tried smoking I loved menthol cigarettes but I also loved Camels – I tried them once..
3. My car is a huge, chronic mess (well, my family knows this — 😉 )
4. When I heard the “uncut” version of Girls on Film by Duran Duran was on You Tube I pulled it up and watched it.
5. Right now my longer curly hair has knots in it that I can’t remove, underneath at the nape of my neck (ouch!)
6. I really enjoy polkas and would play guitar with my uncle while he played the accordion. When I was little I would dance around the room while he played polkas. 🙂
7. I was told that I (in a rather asperger-like way I believe now) told my aunt out loud that I knew she was wearing a wig when we were all out to dinner when I was about 6. I don’t remember this at all.
8. When I was 4 I was afraid to talk out loud and would whisper. I also wonder if this was an asperger, autism-spectrum kind of thing…
9. My first kiss was on the Greyhound bus when I was 18, with a stranger (but a very cute, nice stranger).
10. I frequently forget to brush my kids’ teeth – I did go days without doing it :O(
The “Grownup” Survey
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Credit card bills that are late.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Longo’s Pizza, December.
3. Last time you puked from drinking?
I never got sick from drinking, even when I had 8 drinks New Years of 85 (heard that was a strong sign you could be an alcoholic; one reason I’m now a teetotaler (sp?)
4. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Never, but did weave on my way to the bathroom, 1984.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
Sister Rosario, I think.
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Sleeping, and all night with no interruptions of kids coming into the bed or getting me up for some reason 😛
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Nurse, teacher, artist, singer (Amy Grant), writer, pharmacist, biologist, secretary.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
just one, though I was accepted to two but moved before I could attend the first.
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Ha ha – I slept in it last night and never changed today because i was overwhelmed and exhausted.
10. GAS PRICES?
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you?
I’d still say the North Carolina mountains and take our extended families with us and best friends.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
It didn’t go off – I had it set for 7 to take daughter to her water safety class, but Ryan got up at like 5:45 like usual so he was my personal alarm clock as he usually is.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
“…I hope Chris sleeps…”
14. Favorite style of underwear?
Clean, and hopefully with no rips.
15. Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
Not crazy about mopping.
17. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
Possibly, but not right away – first I would need to restore my sanity after all we’ve gone through over the last 13 years or so.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
20. Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Watch VH1 Classic.
21. Have you found real love yet?
22. When did you first start feeling old?
When I saw how old Barry Gibb looked on American Idol a few weeks ago.
23. Favorite 80’s movie?
Pretty in Pink.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
25. What do you get every time you go into Sam’s Club?
I have never been there!
26. Beach or lake?
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
28. How many people do you stalk on livejournal?
29. Favorite guilty pleasure?
30. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
Hmm, I don’ t know?
31. What’s your drink?
Coca Cola Classic
32. Cowboys or Indians?
Indians–if you mean Cleveland Indians? Our home town 🙂
33. Cops or Robbers?
Cops, I guess.
34. Who from high school would you like to run into?
I would like to see my first boyfriend to see what he’s like now!
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
95.5 the Fish.
36. Norm or Cliff?
It doesn’t really matter.
37. The Cosby Show or The Simpsons?
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
39. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
40. If you could get away with it, who would you kill?
41. What famous person(s) would you like to party with?
Well, I don’t “party” officially 😀 but I’d like to hang out with Rog with a whole bunch of different rock stars (U2, Rush, Genesis, Led Zep, etc.etc.).
42. What famous person would you like to sleep with?
N/A, just the hubby, thank you.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
44. Last book you read for real?
Something by Mary Higgins Clark.
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
Yes, my “Tee Hee Bear,” one of the care bears.
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
Camping could get interesting without a sink.
47. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
Well, anywhere, since I’ve never been there at all, but San Francisco would be cool to see.
48. Do you go to church?
Not now, but I would like to when I can manage my children there without a major scene and police possibly involved for kids taking off….
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
A new career, if I Had to choose, but I’m actually happy with my career, so I’ll say, neither.
50. Just how OLD are you?
Closer to 50 than 25 (horrors!). I’m 42.
1 thought on “surveys and too tired to say much else”
Why is LJ not letting me post comments! I’m so frustrated right now. Anyway, I’m sure this won’t go through (or it’ll post like 19 times) but I hope you manage to get some sleep soon! And I love Mary Higgins Clark. I’ve read every single one of her books though, so I’ve had to move on, haha. I really like Peter Straub lately.