Ten years ago: I was 30 and working part time as legal secretary.
Five years ago: I was 35 and working at home as legal transcriptionist.
One year ago: I was 39 and still enjoying the novelty of being a stay at home mom thinking soon I’d be perfect at it someday.
Yesterday: I took Ryan to speech therapy, cleaned a lot, and wondered when I’d be able to order our new computer, and in the evening held Ryan for an hour as he was crying because he got water in his ear in the pool.
Today: Took Ryan to speech, cleaned, got pizza for dinner with friends, and fell asleep on the couch briefly during 100 top 1-hit-wonder songs on VH1. TIRED. Ryan got up at 5 a.m.
Tomorrow: Rog and I both home again (yeah!) and just trying to get stuff done. 5 more days til school starts…
Five snacks I enjoy: Yogurt, cheese, nuts, diet pop, peanut butter with a half a Baker’s semisweet chocolate square!
Five bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: U2, Petra, Journey, Genesis, Bon Jovi
Five things I would do with $100,000,000:
- Pay off credit cards and debts to family members
- Establish emergency account
- Start retirement account
- Buy my mother a house
- Donate to autism society
Five locations I’d like to run away to: North Carolina, British Columbia, Sicily, Ireland, Australia
Five things I like doing: reading, painting/drawing, singing/playing guitar, working on the web, knitting/crocheting
Five things I wish I could wear: my old size 8’s, hip huggers, a small size bra, tucked in button down shirts
Five TV shows I like: The O.C., DeGrassi, Party of 5, Seventh Heaven, Seinfeld
Five movies I like: Pretty in Pink, Dirty Dancing, The Notebook, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles.
Five famous people I’d like to meet: Amy Grant, Phil Collins, Phil Keaggy, Laurie Berkner, Keanu Reeves.
Five favorite toys: Computer, cable tv with “on Demand,” cd player, play station/DVD player, VCR.
25 Random Facts About You…
1. I used to hate baked beans, chicken, mashed potatoes, tomatoes, and but I now love them all!
2. My eyes swell and get red and drippy if I am around cats or horses long enough to accidentally rub my eyes.
3. My contacts no longer fit right because of my astigmatism.
4. I get sleepy often and can hardly keep awake, even when driving.
5. I love to read all kinds of books, but mostly Christian historical.
6. I have only broken my wrist, and I had no insurance at the time so set it myself (thinking it was only sprained).
7. If I were a boy my mom would have named me David Michael.
8. I have never smoked pot.
9. I sit on my feet weirdly.
10. I remember everything from 20-30 years ago more than I remember yesterday.
11. I played guitar with a bluegrass band in a restaurant when I was 13.
12. I sang Paper Roses often in junior high.
13. I often think guys with long hair look very very nice.
14. My first toe is shorter than my second (yuck). I hate my feet.
15. I should have had braces but didn’t.
16. I didn’t get pierced ears until I was 37.
17. I wanted to be a gymnast when I was in junior high.
18. I could do back walkovers by walking up a tree, but not without that prop.
19. I could do darned good forward walkovers and flips.
20. I was always about 20 pounds overweight throughout school (with exception of beginning of 7th or 8th grade) until my senior year.
21. I lost 20 pounds beginning of senior year, kept it off a few months, and then promptly gained about 35 pounds in 2 months (yuck!)
22. I gained about 20 more pounds by my freshman year of college.
23. I lost 40 pounds between my sophomore year of college and when I got married (about 2- 2 1/2 years) and kept it off for 2 years.
24. I gained 30 pounds with my 1st and 3rd pregnancies.
25. I gained 60 pounds with my 2nd pregnancy.
26. After yoyo’ing I’m down 12 pounds from my highest ever weight but still 52 pounds overweight.
4 thoughts on “survey from Angela”
don’t worry, you definately didn’t miss anything by not smoking weed in high school! :-X
and my 2nd toe is longer than my big toe too, haha…my friend calls it “princess toe”…i like the sound of that!
Oh, I know – a lot of the people that were big potheads in school have had a lot of problems in their life.
Princess toe – sounds good!
I noticed you listed one of your LJ interests as sahm/sahp, so I just wanted to let you know that if you’re interested, there is a promotion right now where you can get a free $10 Tupperware gift certificate for every order you place in the next week via: http://www.mytupperware.com/tupperwareorder.
thanks — we’re moving now so I probably won’t at this time but I’ll save your address. I may be interested in a book party after we settle into our new home.