Another summer has sprang its way into my life. It always comes faster every year than I expect.
Colleen has had her anime convention and had a great time (more pics in flickr). We also took Chris out on Saturday and we all went to the buffet. I’ll be taking him to summer school every morning soon for about 4-5 weeks — It’ll be nice to see him every morning!
Ryan’s aide is coming every day for 2 4-hour shifts so I’ll have a good amount of time to work still. That will be helpful.
Rog and I are planning to go away again for business early July — that is always a busy yet fun time doing something different than just typing transcription. Though last time I worked with Rog and did transcription at the same time at night THAT WAS NOT FUN. ZZZZZZ.
Well, laundry and dishes await as well as two new jobs to start…
Hopefully sometime I’ll get a little more creative than this — lol
OH, I’ve lost 5 pounds!!!
AND sometimes I really do miss all the flexibility of themes in WordPress.org – but this is NOT BAD 😀
25 years ago today Rog and I went out for the “last time as just friends.” We had breakfast or lunch with my mom, and went to a Petra concert (I think that’s who it was?) We had been best friends for 4 months since meeting in our band in December, but I was actually dating someone else!
We had gone out as friends with the gang from college and a few times by ourselves. However, the attraction was growing!! The evening of March 25th we realized that I had a decision to make, as Rog said for the first time the words “I love you” to me.
On March 26, 1984, I made the decision to break up with the first guy (a great guy, and he’s happily married, to my knowledge to this day!) and I have been with Rog ever since.
25 years (and many pounds!) later, here we still are!
Love you, Rog!
I was just thinking this morning that this is one of the lessons I’ve had to learn. I’ve been thinking about, what are the things I’ve had to learn in this walk we’ve been on in life? Graciously accepting help, though I’ve not yet gotten very good as ASKING for help; accepting my limitations; and not being a perfectionist. There’s probably more, but that’s a start.
Years ago I made this web site: http://criscollrj.com/cleaning.html . Beth D. if you’re reading, I’m sure you remember helping me with this way back on Geocities in ’97!!! All the tables and everything for HTML coding. But I felt so guilty that I could not follow it. And I did not want to ask for help.
So thought I’d post here. I will then look over them over the next week and make up my 09 goals. I don’t even expect to reach some of these, it’s just good to have them all written down to have an awareness of them.
2008 GOALS (the year that will be over TOMORROW! wow)
• Every few weeks check Colleen’s progress on web site and follow through with teachers on items needed to be made up.
• Boys – try and get them to write their names, and spell extra, 1-2 times a week. Find computer games for them to play. Try and help Chris focus on academics a few times a week and show Doreen how to do it too.
• Colleen to continue picking up her room and to start doing her dishes (soap squeegie!) and laundry.
• Get icon board up and done for boys’ chores.
• Try and get us in position where dishes and laundry and daily pickup gets done every day and figure out as a family HOW!
• Me – Weigh Down. Lose at least 20 pounds. no dieting at this stressful time.
So what’s taking my time? All kinds of things!
trying to clean house
learning the Dave Ramsey method of financing
occasionally exercising, but eating too much candy
Overseeing Colleen & Ryan
Checking out facebook (my user name is dori typesalot) and finding old friends on there.
Cooking homecooked meals to save money!
Planning Christmas a bit ahead of time
Doing Chris’s guardianship papers for him turning 18
Suffering from colds – like two in a row – yuck!
Watching with amazement the leaves turn red and then all of the sudden today they’re all off the trees…
Enjoying our first snow earlier this week.
Happy Thanksgiving, if I’m not back on before that, and keep checking the Flickr pics on the right!
Kids have all been sick again. Ryan is home sick with the intestinal garbage (I think he fell asleep). Colleen missed 3 1/2 days this week, Chris missed one. Mom was here this week and now she doesn’t feel well. My days may be numbered. Rog was sick earlier this week while he was out of town.
I still have so much work!!! It just keeps coming. Legal interviews, hearings, a focus group, and even working on a web site for someone! Rog just got more work approved too – YAY!!
Some pics — and then back to work!
First, the brand new sink we got in our bathroom last weekend! Rog and his dad worked about 8 hours on this! The old one had quit working and only leaked drips of water and nothing else.
Ryan just a little while ago – I thought he was sleeping —
Then he turned over and looked at me and said “cheese” —
What he’s watching – or sleeping through, by now! He even loves the teen shows like Hannah Montana and Zach and Cody…
What I’ve been eating. Too. many. of.
How I type – for the non-seasoned to transcription world readers – though the ORANGE is an extra item that I didn’t know was there – suppose I may eat it with my lunch? This is my money maker and occasionally cramp-in-the-foot maker!! I switch feet, often. It’s sitting on my scanner so I have some height so my foot doesn’t get too sore… I download audio into Express Scribe or For the Record and type away.
Today’s ice/snow storm. I don’t think we got it as bad as south –
and I just realized I completely missed the news that would have told me (12:30 p.m. now)
Back to work!
He will be missed. I found him when I was giving him an apple last night…
Just discovered this site – what a blessing and an opportunity!
My to-do list today: from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Get rid of headache from h*** (already laid down quite a bit and took 2 Exedrin Migraine pills) — Well it’s better but I still feel goofy. I had to nap for like 60 minutes as I felt so off and getting nauseous.
* Get two more kids on the bus
* Take bath/shower
* Order Avon today
* Finish reading over hearings due today (I’m way ahead on this and QUITE HAPPY about that! — I have read 4 3/4’s of 6 hearings and will finish reading them shortly when I get back home.
* Start job today that I was going to start Monday (headache permitting) — Not going to happen, I don’t think
* Call lady I’m doing speech trans for as she never called me back yesterday. Explain that I probably won’t get sizeably through this until week of the 10th (finish by 15th or so???) — Didn’t yet but will try from car
* Unpack remaining Christmas stuff and get boxes up to attic (I KNEW it would take all week this week – not bad, “bite-size” portions– didn’t happen.
* Mail in printer ink rebate — I’ll just do this tomorrow
* Make a decent dinner in crockpot — just going to put up something quick at store
* Go to grocery store — Going to run in very quickly now, get a few things, and get gas, AND THEN have to pick up sick kid at school (again) which is pretty well going to throw off all the above plans because of the length of time involved to do so involved in distance driving, etc., before other kids come home…. They don’t want to put him on the bus because he’s on there for an hour while they pick up kids for another school, etc.
* Buy Christmas stamps — Will try and remember this at the store! DIDN’T REMEMBER.
* Do A TON of dishes (they’re piling up badly)
* Laundry (unspoken amount still remaining and WET
* Start cleaning up basement (this weekend probably) again for basement treating people coming next Thursday.
I realized that I’ll actually be off work next Wed., Thurs., and Fri (mammogram, basement people coming, and my Christmas plans with my friend) so I need to make full use of today, Monday and Tuesday!!!
headache be GONE!
later – GOT Chris picked up. GOT ahold of new client (yay, she’s happy with my doing job by 15th!). Still sick and nauseous with migraine…